Kristian von Hornsleth
• The Hornsleth Village is an art project.
• 100 people from a small village in Uganda changes thier name to 'Hornsleth'.
• Each person will go through the official legal name change process.
• Each person will have an ID card issued to show their new 'Hornsleth' name.
• Each person will be photographed holding their new Hornsleth ID
• The portraits will be defined as an original art work.
• The photo works will be 120 x 100 cm and will be presented in selected international galleries.
• A professional documentary film crew is filming the process for Danish National TV DR2
• A big book will be produced describing the project and showing all the photographs.
• International art critics and philosophers will be invited to contribute.
• The project is a business deal between Hornsleth and the appointed village opinon leaders.
• The participators will recieve farm animals for their involvement according to agreement.
• A locally well known animal re-distribution system will be implemented.
• 5.000 people will in five years have recieved an animal from this project if it runs as planned.
• Don't worry, this is art!
Kristian von Hornsleth, Copenhagen, 2006